Do you have an Ant problem? Are you seeing small piles of dirt all over your yard? Do you see them running around everywhere? Then you should act now! Contact Get Pest Control for your obligation-free online quote. An approved Get Pest Control partner will come to you.
Signs of an Ant infestation:
Ant infestations can be hard to spot as they make their nests subterranean but here are some signs that might point to an ant problem.
- Faint Noises coming from the walls. You might be able you hear the ant infestation crawling and burrowing around inside your property. Telling the difference between an ant or a termite infestation can be hard sometimes but you should contact a professional in either of these cases.
- Finding small piles of dirt on your lawn or in small cracks around the house can point to an ant nest lurking below the surface.
- Ants walking around the property is most probably the most common first sign of an ant problem.
Why is important to attend to your ant problem quickly?
We recommend tackling your ant problem right away. Ants can quickly get into food items and cause a loss of goods. There is even some ant that are venomous ones whose bites can cause a lot of pain. Ant colonies grow exponentially once they have found an environment that they are happy in with an abundance of food. One colony can quickly turn into many. This means the faster you contact get pest control the easier the infestation will be to control.
Common professional ant treatments
Below we will list the three most common ant treatments used by professionals:
Ant baits are tiny, covered pods that you set down in locations where ants have been moving around. The pods contain a masked poison, which the ants access and carry back to their colony. When ants in the colony consume the poison, it kills them. Extreme care should be taken when using these baits as they can be dangerous to the health of your family and pets we recommend that you contact a professional if you want to employ this strategy.
Ant traps are small trapping devices that are placed on ant routes or close to a nest that the ants can enter but not escape. Some of these traps contain poison killing the ants quickly as they enter. These traps are great but take time to control the problem as they only affect the ants that enter the traps. The traps should also be emptied out regularly.
Ant Insecticide sprays:
Insecticide spays work both indoors and outdoors depending on the type you choose. Insecticide sprays will kill ants on contact. They are only effective on the ants that come into contact directly with them. These spays should be handled with extreme caution as they can be dangerous. We recommend that you leave this method to the professionals.
The steps Get Pest Control Partners take to eliminate ants:
- Property inspection – A Get Pest Control partner will inspect your property.
- Treatment Plan – They will formulate a treatment plan depending on the inspection findings.
- Treatment – They will execute the treatment plan formulated.
- Tips for Future Prevention – They will give you tips on how to keep the ants away for good.
For a more detailed Step by Step guide please visit your Appropriate Ant Control City Page.
Prevention is the best form of control, so take a proactive approach and contact Get Pest Control today.
How can I control ants?
Ant Control is a difficult job to do. You have to prevent ants from entering your house, which is a very hard task. Many ants do not leave a living nest until they have food and shelter in another location. Therefore, if you wish to prevent an ant problem, you have to stop them from entering and creating a new living space.
Ants do not like heat. So, if you have an ant problem, make sure you keep the windows slightly open or let in some light. This will cause the ants that enter your house to be less active and therefore, less likely to leave any of their nests. If you are not seeing any ants outside, but there are ant trails inside, your main problem is not necessarily ants, but rather the nest they have created.
Professionally trained using certified Pest Control Techniques
Get Pest Control partners are Certified members of the SAPCA and utilize personnel trained to AgriSeta standards and are Registered Pest Control Operators with the department of Agriculture ensuring your Family´s and Pets´ safety.
Why Choose a Get Pest Control partner to deal with your ant problem:
Below we list some reasons why selecting a vetted Get Pest Control company in Johannesburg is the smart choice:
- Certified and licensed technicians
- Fast same day or next day service
- Family and Pet safe ant control procedures
- Hassle-free, transparent service plan
- End-to-end process for the optimal control and prevention of ant infestation
- Timely communication and local pest control specialist
- An easy-to-understand service plans
- The process from beginning to end for best ant control and prevention
- Prompt correspondence and a nearby pest control expert
If you have an ant problem contact Get Pest Control Today and we will connect you with a leading ant control professional in Johannesburg
Areas where we provide Ant Control Services
If you are also having a problem with Cockroach’s read more about our cockroach pest control