Are you finding rat droppings all over? Can you hear them wrecking your home at night? Are they eating your car´s electrical wiring? A Get Pest Control partner can take care of your problem! Contact us today and we will connect you with a Rat Control Expert in your area.
Telltale Signs Of a Rat / Mouse Infestation
Since Rats are more active at night it might be hard to spot them until you have a very large infestation on your hands. Here are some things to look for that might help you spot the problem before it gets out of hand:
- Mouse or Rat droppings around the house and in your pantry.
- Damaged chewed food packaging
- The stench of rat dropping coming from the dark, difficult to reach areas
- Nesting materials like fabric pieces, dried plant matter and shredded paper on the floors
- Pet food disappearing from bowls at night
If you see any of these signs you need to contact Get Pest Control before the problem gets out of hand.
Rodent Infestations can pose serious health risks
Both living animals and their carcasses can harbour a number of dangerous diseases that can be transmitted to people. The majority of rats are not aggressive until they feel threatened. Additionally, contact with rodent urine, saliva, and droppings can act as a source of infection, as can fleas, ticks, or mites that have fed on an infected rat.
Common diseases transmitted by Rodents:
Rodents can transport a number of diseases that can infect humans. Below we list a few of the common ones:
- Hantavirus Pulmonary Syndrome (HPS), is caused by hantavirus and spread via deer and rodents.
- Lymphocytic Choriomeningitis (LCM), is caused by lymphocytic choriomeningitis virus (LCMV) spread via house mice.
- Bubonic Plague, is caused by the Yersinia pestis bacterium on rats and their fleas.
- Asthma or other allergy symptoms can be caused by rodent hair, dander or droppings.
When handling rats, whether alive or dead, take extra precautions and put on a mask and gloves to protect yourself from disease. If you do not have the appropriate PPE and Training to deal with a rat infestation it is best to contact a professional.
A quick guide on how the professionals take care of Rats and Rodents
Below we will outline the Rodent treatment protocol:
A skilled Pest Control Professional Partner will come to your property and conduct a thorough assessment.
If they find any signs of rats or any other type of rodent a treatment plan will be formulated and discussed with you.
The Rodent Treatment
Once you give your Get Pest Control Partner the go-ahead they will go to work following the treatment plan formulated for your property.
Ongoing Prevention Tips
Once treatment is completed they will help you devise a plan on how to keep the rats away for good.
For a more detailed Step by Step guide please navigate to your appropriate City Page by selecting one of the links below.
Rodent repellents, baits & traps
Buying Rodent repellents, baits and traps are not difficult but utilizing them correctly and safely can be quite challenging. These chemicals, bait stations and traps should be handled with extreme caution and placed correctly to ensure their effectiveness and safety. This is why we recommend talking to a professional. They will be able to formulate a treatment plan that is effective and safe for your family.
Professionally trained using certified Pest Control Techniques
Get Pest Control partners are Certified members of the SAPCA and utilize personnel trained to AgriSeta standards and are Registered Pest Control Operators with the department of Agriculture ensuring your Family´s and Pets´ safety.
Why Choose a Get Pest Control Partner?
Below we list some of the reasons utilizing Get Pest Control Professional is a great choice:
- Same/next day rodent control services
- Treatment protocols keep your family and pets safe
- They are Certified Pest Control Companies
- They will provide you with a treatment plan and a quotation upfront.
- Priority is given to customer satisfaction.
- Help you to create an after-treatment protocol
Do you think that your house or place of work might have a rodent infestation? Contact Get Pest Control today by completing our online form or by giving us a call and we will connect you with a leading Pest Control Professional in your area.